Who We Are
A community that is here to help
Habayit - Chabad Byron is a ‘home’ for locals, visitors, students and backpackers.
What does 'Home' mean to you
Memories, security, belonging & love… Each one of us ascribes a different meaning to it. To each one of us this word will touch a different place in the heart.
- We strive to create a place where we can bring our children so that they too may share our values and experiences that we grew up with.
- We have created a pleasant place - a place where we can celebrate holidays and our community.
- A place where our children can learn to read and write Hebrew - so words like ‘Erga’ (longing), ‘Neshama’ (soul), ‘Simcha’ (joy) and ‘Chemla’ (compassion) can become part of their vocabulary.
- A place where our boys can study for their Bar-Mitzva. A place for comfort and the prayer of Kadish for long gone loved ones.
- A place to learn Jewish philosophy. A place where we could share the joy of being a community and embrace the beautiful things about our traditions.
HaBayit - Chabad Byron Inc is an independent charitable entity which relies solely on individual donations to make this all happen. Every single donation, according to your will and ability, helps fund this for all of us!
All great things start with a small step.
It’s lovely here!